Wednesday, August 1, 2007

As the years go by I am reminded by one thing. People can't really own anything. Sure, you can pay payments on land and work the land until you are sweating blood, but the land is never yours. That was most evident when I visited the "Blue" where I used to live. My family and I worked so hard to work the land, provide a garden, pay the payments and now when I go see it the only thing left is a few pieces of cement on the ground to show that at one time there used to be some kind of building there. New people moved on the land and build their home in a different spot. I can find some rotten railings here and there where we had a horse corral and an out building to the ranch, but other than that, one wouldn't know that at one time another family lived there. The native Americans had the right idea. We just share the land, we can never own it. The land will outlive each and every one of us no matter what we do to it. And, come to think of it, can we really own anything else? We can only use things, not own them. you can't take them with you when you die, someone else gets them. Any thoughts on that?

No comments: