Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Summer Time
Summer seems to bring out the child in all of us. I don't know if it is the fact that the green leaves are dancing in the wind and the warm sun on our backs tend to bring up memories of childhood. I know that we all want to escape now and then to our childhood, and maybe summer gives us a chance to do that. Music helps, too, such as surfing songs from the Beach Boys call to that inner child that is screaming to get out and play. As I look out my window I can see that the snow has melted off Slide mountain and that Washoe lake is bright blue, reflecting the clear blue sky. The sunlight glistens in bright crystals on the water as the gentle wind makes the waves dance in the sage scented breeze. I always think of Nevada as brown but summer is the one time that things actually turn green. Scrub blue jays squawk because the bird feeder is out of peanuts, and my doggies chase each other on the freshly cut verdant lawn. I hear children playing and laughing in the distance, each of them trying to enjoy as much of the summer as they can since school is just around the corner. My mind is restless. I want to get out and walk in the nearby mountain forest but my early morning workout left me too sore to get out and walk so I am going to have to rely on my memories. It is too bad that summer is such a fleeting thing, but then again, maybe it makes us appreciate nature and life more. If things were warm and beautiful all of the time we wouldn't have anything to compare it to and wouldn't appreciate it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Throwoing water balloons, melting popsicltes, sticky faces from water mellon... Ahhhhhhh Summer! BBQ... mmmmmmmm Yes! Deffinateley to short at times...
Post a Comment